LAS VEGAS (KSNV) — The Las Vegas Search and Rescue team is looking to recruit volunteers as the fall hiking season approaches.
The organization comprises volunteers who help find missing loved ones and injured hikers throughout Red Rock Canyon. They also assist agencies with cold cases to bring answers to families who have lost someone.
Applications will be accepted through August 21. All interested applicants will need to be available for the following days:
- Thursday, Sept 1 or Saturday, Sept 3 (evening) — Orientation
- Saturday, Sept. 10 (morning) — Physical Ability Test (field applicants only)
- Thursday, Sept 15, or Friday, September 16 (evening) — Interview
- Thursday, October 6 (evening) — SAR 101 Check-in
- Saturday, October 8 (morning through late afternoon) — SAR 101
Those who can not attend all dates will need to apply for the next recruitment cycle.
Applicants can also choose from three paths: field searcher, command post, or resource member.
Each role has a set of expectations that applicants must meet to be considered.
Visit RedRockSAR.org to view the complete list or to apply.