BLM is raising fees to visit Red Rock! While I would be happy to pay to use and improve the park, I strongly believe (and BLM is encouraging it) that we should be involved in setting up the fees and deciding where the money is spent. Safety should be the number one priority and is hardly mentioned in the plan so far, so we need to comment on this! SR 159 is much better than it was, but law enforcement will have to be improved to get speeding under control…these ideas and more below. So please, comment at this website. We have until November 16, 2009.
Red Rock Canyon
If you don’t know what to comment, you can copy any or all of the ideas you like from below:
Dear BLM, When formulating the new Business Management Plan for the new recreation fee priorities, please consider the following 5 points from a public perspective:
- TRAFFIC SAFETY AND ENFORCEMENT first!
- Clean Energy Incentives: Pay to pollute, get rewarded for not polluting
- Park Entrance Booths on 159 (at both cattle guards), instead of on the loop only, to increase safety manageability and decrease unnecessary traffic
- fee revenues to go to dedicated traffic enforcement on 159 and maintenance of the new bike path
- set up an annual price for bikes instead of daily and keep track of annual bike memberships with a quick, easy card swiper on the side of the bike lane so we don’t have to wait in the car line to get through.