On Wednesday, March 31, Senator Dallas Harris is proposing SB 285 to make Nevada streets safer for cyclists!
The bill was drafted with assistance from Clark County Commissioner Justin Jones in response to SB 183. It has numerous provisions including:
– Revising drivers education to include laws relating to cyclist and pedestrian safety
– Clarifies the 3-feet/move over law
– Clarifies that a collision between a motor vehicle and cyclists shows evidence of a violation of the 3-feet/move over law
– Revises provisions for complete streets
– Revises NDOT plans to ensure roadways are safe for cyclists and pedestrians of all ages and abilities.
Voice Your Support
There are three easy ways to show your support for SB 285!
Attend the committee meeting
The Senate Committee on Growth and Infrastructure will be meeting Wednesday, March 31 at 3:30 p.m. to discuss SB 285. You can share your support directly with our legislators. To do this, you have to receive a call-in code by registering.
Provide written comments supporting SB 285
If you can’t make the meeting, you can still share your opinion. Send your comments in a PDF to [email protected] You can also fax your support to 755-684-6500.
You can show your support directly through the Nevada Legislature website as well! If you choose this option, make sure to select bill SB 285 and indicate you are in support.
Write your representatives
If you miss the senate hearing, you can share your support for SB 285 by emailing your representatives directly! Below are the email addresses for the senators on the Growth and Infrastructure committee: